Based on this input, the Sensics development team met and decided to focus on the following items:
1. Smoother end-user experience
- 1-click installer for both end-user and developer
- Lightweight software that will detect when a new hardware is connected and help with the process of obtaining and installing the relevant drivers.
- A graphical configurator to help the end-user select the HMD, input and output devices as well as configure key parameters for each
2. Continue to add device support. An immediate focus is to add support for the HTC Vive so that an end-user can obtain software that was written on the OSVR framework that - using a simple configurator - decide what to run it on. For instance 1) HTC Vive; 2) Oculus + hand controller; 3) OSVR HDK and more.
3. Make it easier for the OSVR community to contribute to the platform by listing key development priorities as well as high-level directions on how to perform certain development tasks.
Keep an eye on the progress of the OSVR software platform in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your feedback!